We girls, generally love receiving bouquets of roses, or seeing our room sprinkled with rose petals, am I right ladies? … Guys take note ;) Something about roses says love and romance, but did you know that Rose Essential Oils and rose petals themselves are FULL of benefits for the skin? The oil and the petals are super beneficial on their own, or can be mixed with other things to make facemasks which just ups the anti! Along with many, many health benefits, here are just some of the benefits for your skin:
1. Rose oil is an Astringent, meaning that it has the ability to lift and tone skin (great for wrinkles)
2. It’s also a Cicatrisant, which gives the oil the ability to fade marks on the skin quickly (i.e. scars, acne marks, pox and boils). Also includes aiding in the fading of stretch marks and surgery scars
3. It’s a Depurative, which purifies the blood – this is important for removing and neutralizing toxins in the body. Once the blood is neutralized, your skin is protected for things like boils, rashes, skin diseases, and ulcers
4. It’s one of the best oils to give you youthful, fresh, and shining skin
5. It’s great for moisturizing dry skin (hint- also try rose petals! Lay some petals in water and let them soak in for a bit. Once the roses have settled, use this water to wash your face!)
treating acneic skin
7. If you have redness and inflammation, the oil or rose
petals can also help with that
8. The oil can also aid with controlling psoriasis and
9. Rose contains high levels of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant, beneficial for protecting against skin cell damage
10. It’s also good for oily skin, when used as a skin toner, has the ability to tighten skin tissues, which open up the pores and controls the greasiness
**For your knowledge, here is a nice, simple facemask you can try, made from rose petals! Simply soak 8 petals in 3-4 tablespoons of water for 2-3 hours. Then mash the petals into the water and add 3 tablespoons of honey. Mix well, and apply to entire face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
So next time someone brings you roses, don’t let them whither and die! You’ve just acquired a gold mine in terms of facial benefits!