The Day Before Date Night:
1) DIY Waxing: Not going to lie, this one can be messy and a pain in the ass. So my suggestion is if you have the cash flow, save your time and energy and go to a professional. They wont miss any of those hard to reach spots and its less annoying to have someone else inflict the pain of ripping your body hair out from the root. Not to mention you can avoid having to contort yourself into positions only god knows to get those hard to reach areas (unless you are trying to limber up for the big night ;)
2 cups sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
2) Vday Mini Facial: Get a V-day Ready Visage with a easy 4-step facial you can do in the privacy and comfort of your own home while you unwind to your favorite romantic tunes.
Rose Ancient Grains Facial Wash
Rose Essential Oil
Customized Facial Therapy Cream
Cleanse + Exfoliate:
Steam and Nourish:
Moisturize and Treat:
Create your own customized Facial Therapy Cream using Andrea Ashley Facial therapy Cream base
Online consultations available to create the perfect treatment cream for your needs.
3) DIY Body Scrub: Ditch the old-school tradition of V-day sugar intake and use it to get your skin silky soft instead! V-day sugar scrub. Easy Peasy to make and use.
Sweet Almond Oil
4) Rose Bath: Who needs a lover to pamper yourself with a indulgent rose petal bath? Not this chick. Its a perfect way to prep before a date out or to set to the tone for a relaxing night in. Not to mention rose has so many skin nourishing properties, it's really just awesome for any damn night of the week. After all you deserve it.
Rose Essential Oil
Half a cup of Epsom Salts
Half a cup of Dead Sea Salts
Dried Rose Petals
Sweet Almond oil
5) Cocoa Butter your Body
Sweet Almond oil
Mix 4 tbsp of Almond Oil to 1 tbsp of Cocoa Butter
Mix until thoroughly combined
Apply directly to Body
If you are in a rush and need to get dressed immediately after, just add some of this ultra rich mixture to an all natural body lotion for quick absorption.
All ingredients, cosmetic bases or skin care consultations can be purchased through Andrea Ashley- please email to order or inquire.
1) Hot water with Lemon, is great to cleanse the gut, starting it on the right note for the whole day. It's also slightly detoxifying- and we all know healthy body= healthy skin!
2) Light Stretching that includes spinal twists to further aid in detoxification- stimulating the internal organs. Did you know that most skin issues can be traced back to a sluggish digestive system or over worked liver? Lets remedy that!
3) GREEN Juice- totally detoxifying, filled with vitamins and minerals and loaded with anti-oxidants to combat aging and acne. I love using fresh kale or dandelion with a squeeze of lemon to release all its beneficial properties, adding in an apple and half a cucumber to the mix to cut the bitterness, add some sweetness and make it a healthy meal to start the day.
4) Start your morning cleansing routine with dry brushing the entire BOD before hoping into a shower. Gently removes dead skin cells and stimulates blood flow to skin + improves circulation, helping you get that luscious glow!
5) Use *Essential oils in the shower for a makeshift healthy steam room to start your day! Rosemary is great for cleaning out the pores in the skin as well as is an invigorating and stimulating scent to help you wake up in the morning.
Hydrate + Moisturize:
6) Complete your morning ritual with slathering yourself in some all natural body lotion, body butter or body oil depending on what you skin is needing! (Homemade or freshly made by your local cosmetic developer or aromatherapist is best!)
7) Down water, all damn day. Reverse Osmosis or something well purified is best.
8) Ditch Coffee for Green Tea. Removes the need to intake dairy and sugar, which are both bad for your skin as dairy causes inflammation and sugar stalls cell regeneration, therefore contributes to aging! PLUS it has loads of anti-aging properties because its packed with anti-oxidants fighting those free radicals that so desperately want to tear our collagen down and make us old.
* Remember to dilute and properly use your essential oils for safety. You can make a shower disc (similar to a bath bomb- email or PM for recipe!)
All I want for Christmas is... healthy + smooth + gorgeous LEGS! (Dear Santa: No Varicose Veins please)
None of us are perfect. We all have flaws we want to work on, health goals we want to reach, and for most women Varicose Veins is something that falls into both of these categories.
Varicose Veins are caused by poor circulation and sometimes congestion in the pelvic area caused by poor diet, lack of exercise, sitting or standing repetitively for long periods of time and of course...heredity (thank mom).
So let's take a moment from your busy Holiday Schedule and do something JUST for YOU, to help you LOOK and FEEL YOUR BEST this Holiday Season!
xo Andrea Ashley
Here are some quick tips to help prevent and ease Varicose Veins:
1. Elevate Legs for 10 minutes each day
As a yoga instructor one of my favorite restorative poses is "legs up the wall"- it helps you relax, aids insomnia and of course helps with circulation and prevents and eases existing varicose veins.
Lay on your bed or on the floor with blankets and pillow in under you back and head for comfort and support and throw your legs up a wall. Take this 10 minutes of alone time every day to close the eyes and just CHILL OUT; escape from the holiday hustle and bustle for a peaceful break all while working on those gorgeous stems for your holiday party dress!
2. Aromatherapy Leg Oil.
The essential oils that can help varicose veins are Basil, Bergamot Clary Sage, Lemon, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, German Chamomile, Cypress, Geranium, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Neroli and Yarrow is claimed to be especially great for minimizing varicose veins.
3 drops cypress essential oil
1 drop helichrysum essential oil
25ml of Calendula Oil or Wheatgerm Oil
Apply 2x per day. Applying oil from ankles to groin, working in long strokes in the direction of the heart.
Insider's Tip: You could even add in dry brushing the legs prior to applying the oil for an extra circulation boost + subtle detoxification and exfoliant- making it a PERFECT PREP to create legs ready for an oil treatment.
3. Foot Baths.
Foot baths are all around great for leg and feet disorders.
1/4 cup of epsom salts
10 ml Calendula Oil
4 drops of basil essential oil
3 drops of peppermint essential oil
1 drop of Frankincense
1/4 cup of epsom salts
10 ml Calendula Oil
4 drops of lemon
3 drops of lavender
1 drop of neroli
4. Warm Milk Bath: (recipe from my aromatherapy teacher Marlene Mitchell)
25mls of whole milk
3 drops of lavender
3 drops of cypress
Fill tub with warm water, disperse mixture, soak for 20 minutes with legs elevated higher than the rest of body if possible
Most anti-aging, wrinkle reducing face creams come in a super small package for a super expensive price, selling big promises with little results....let's fix that shall we?
Orange and Myrrh essential oils are jam-packed with WICKED properties for the ENTIRE body.
But I'd like to take a moment to focus on the SKIN SAVVY, Anti-Aging Benefits of these oils...
PLUS their WARMING, happy, grounding, uplifting, EMOTIONAL BALANCING state of mind PERKS that come along with using these oils.
-Eases Emotional Coldness
...and may even bring forward hidden emotions
Besides stimulating you to be a better, more grounded, heart filled version of yourself it also has a stimulating affect that helps wake you up in the morning...perfect time for wrinkle cream application? I think so!
As for the skin- well of course Myrrh is great for wrinkles, but also great for early stages of wound healing, is a powerful disinfectant for skin wounds (and stops bleeding on open sores) as well as aids weeping eczema, dermatitis and skin ulcers.
-Ease anxiety, fears, stress and tension
-Astringent for skin
-Tissue Re-building through collagen reproduction
-Stimulates circulation for healthier skin
Why not make your own at home? This way you KNOW what is in it, and it doesn't contain any of the chemicals, over-processed, unnecessary crap, just simple, natural and beneficial ingredients that not only is healthy for the skin but also warms the heart with positive emotions.
Orange and Myrrh Anti-Aging Face Cream Recipe:
-Unscented, all natural, chemical free, plant based lotion or cream base
-Myrhh Essential Oil
-Orange Essential Oil
-Lavender Essential Oil
Mix 50ml of lotion base with 8 drops of orange essential oil, 6 drops lavender essential oil and 2 drops of Myrrh essential oil
I made an Awesome DIY Bath three nights ago and my skin is STILL feeling the softening and hydrating benefits!
1/4 cup of honey
10 ml avocado oil
10 drops of Immortelle (everlasting) essential oil
Mix essential oil with carrier oil to properly dilute and disperse the essential oil.
Add oil mixture to honey and mix thoroughly
Draw a warm bath, slowly pouring honey mixture into water and dispersing with hands
*Another option is while in the bath take some on the mixture into your hands and massage it into the skin to get an even more deep hydrating treatment
anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, detoxifing, anti-bacterial (great for acneic skin), skin softening, skin moisturizing, and powerful healer of scars and skin conditions or all kinds.
-1/4 cup of white clay (the most gentle clay for skin)
-2 tsp of calendula oil
-4 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil
-3 drops of Lavender Essential OIl
-1 drop of Rose Essential Oil
-Mix thoroughly until paste is formed
-Apply mixture to face
-Let sit for 10-15 minutes
Enjoy nourished, calm, healthy skin!
Lavender oil is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which is great for soothing red inflamed skin and awesome for acneic skin.
Cooling, healing and soothing for inflamed or acne skin conditions.
Lavender + Aloe Facial Toner:
-1/4 cup Aloe Vera
-1/4 cup Witch Hazel
-3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender + Aloe Face Mask:
-2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel ( I like seaweed aloe)
-1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
Burdock Root is my current Fav DIY Beauty ingredient.
I throw it in my baths for all over skin care, add it to face masks and now to try adding into HAIR MASKS!
-1/2 Organic Banana
-3 tbsp Burdock Root Powder
-Mash and Mix thoroughly
-Apply mixture to hair and massage deep into scalp
-Let sit for 30 minutes
-Rinse, Shampoo + Condition
For Best Results try doing your hair treatments 1-2x a week for healthier hair!
• Melt 1 cup cocoa butter ½ cup coconut oil in a double broiler
• Blend liquid with ½ cup of sweet almond oil
• Set in freezer for 20 minutes
• Blend with electronic whisk until whipped
• Place in glass container with a tight seal
• Can last up to 3 months.
Rich, super hydrating, full of EFA's, vitamin E, leaves skin buttery smooth and smells DIVINE.