It’s almost Fall, and you know what that means. Cold and flu season is in full force, especially for those parents who have kids in school, the germs are everywhere! BUT before you start sanitizing everything and wrap your kids in plastic bubbles, try these DIY baths to help fight the cold and flu season. Not only are they super beneficial, but also, super relaxing. Killing two birds with one stone, my kind of treat!
1. Espom Salts—aside from helping you relax and sleep better, they’re great for detoxifying the body, increasing the white blood cell count which can speed up the healing process - - the suggested amount is varied between 2-4 cups of the salt to your warm bath
2. Rosemary Salt Bath DIY—a great recipe for instant cold/flu relief since Rosemary essential oil is antibacterial, antiseptic, a decongestant and an antioxidant.
What you’ll need:
a) 1.5 cups Epson salts
b) ½ cup Sea Salts (optional)
c) 15 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- mix all the ingredients together in a medium size bowl, then transfer into a container with a lid.
- store at room temperature. When ready to use, add salts to bath, and soak for 20 minutes
3. Detox Bath—beneficial for helping your body get rid of any sort of bug
What you’ll need:
a) 2 cups Epsom salts (for adults) or ½ cup for children under 60 lbs
b) add 1 1/2 cups baking soda
c) add 1 TBS to 1/3 cup ground ginger
- Soak in the tub for 40 mins. The first 20 remove your body of toxins, while the last 20 are for absorbing
the minerals in the water
** Ginger can make you sweat A LOT so make sure to drink plenty of water
4. DIY Shower Steamer Disks—if baths aren’t your thing, you can try the shower disks found at http://stuffparentsneed.com/diy-shower-disks-to-help-alleviate-congestion/
-- the essential oils in this recipe mix with the steam from the shower creating a soothing, detoxifying shower.